May 1, 2012

1 Birthday, 5 gift tags



As I get older, I've become much more aware of how fast time goes by and that each day should deserve to be celebrated. I think birthdays (no matter how old or young you are turning) are cause for a grand celebration of whimsical proportions. My very good friend Erica is turning 30 this weekend and I wanted to create something pretty for her birthday gift. Actually, the gift itself isn't overwhelmingly spectacular but add a little color and texture and I think we are ready for the party on Saturday! 



I also used Erica's b-day as an opportunity to walk through my thought process on Birthday Gift wrap for my  'It's a Wrap' post over at Crate. Erica is my crafting buddy and during the holidays we listen to nothing but my record player and my awesome collection of vintage vinyl records. It was time Erica had her own record player, so I tied in some little music details (music flashcard, and tag) to compliment her gift and carry the music theme throughout. 

The box itself is rather large and when wrapped up in simple white paper was a tad bit ordinary. I created a pom-pom for the top, which started off much larger and then I snipped and trimmed it down to size, in a really pretty coral color. - It's the centerpiece of the entire gift! Plus, I just love coral and light grey together! 

I also created a messy little bungle of tags. Originally, I has planned on making a lacy card but the idea of multiple tags won out. 


Paired with a frayed tassel and a little envelope full of colorful confetti, Erica's stack of Crate tags was complete! 







I think making fabric tassels could be my next favorite thing and you can't just make one! I'm also doing a Pretty Party prize pack giveaway on the Crate Paper blog ~ because honestly what would a post on birthdays be without a giveaway? If you get a chance before Thursday night pop in and leave a comment!  xo ~T

 


8 comments:

Alixandra Lewis Adams said...

Love your style! You have a gift!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your friend will be thrill to receive such an amazing gift!

Unknown said...

absolutely cute!!

Unknown said...

absolutely cute!!

Unknown said...

absolutely cute!!

Boho Mixology said...

they look so beautiful!

Zoe
http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

The Locklins said...

This is so beautiful. What a fun idea!

sara said...

do you have a tutorial for the fabric tassels (or a link where I can find one)? Love how this looks - your blog is total crafty/eye candy!